Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, August 15, 2013

ONE of the reasons I do not attend church anymore.

One of the main reasons I don't attend church anymore (Catholic) is because of a homoly given by a priest (who is no longer at my parish).

In it he went on at LENGTH about how homosexuality is wrong and a sin. My sister is gay and about to get married this weekend. That pissed me off. I highly doubt Jesus cares if someone is gay or straight. It is the content of their heart that matters.

Some people went to my church every single week, were straight and treated people like garbage. Why would they be better than my sister? Right?

Also, if we truly believe that Jesus died on the cross to save us, and that he carries the weight of all our burdens on his shoulders then he would not condemn people because they are gay. He is all forgiving. He even forgave those who crucified him and that's murder, which is worse than loving someone who is the same gender.

I would way rather my girls marry a woman who treated them well than a man who treated them like dirt anyday of the week and I tell them that. I say "I don't care WHO you fall in love with and marry, as long as they treat you well and are a kind person."

I still love Jesus. I still pray everyday. I still teach my children to love Jesus and they can't fall asleep without their bedtime prayer. Maybe one day I will go back to the church. That day, is not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No my name ain't baby

No my name ain't baby