Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Way to scare the shit out of me! Thanks a mill!


So, there I was, sitting in the waiting room of my OBGYN's office today for my regular 4 week check up. Sitting across from me, is a lady that had her baby 10 weeks premature and beside her a lady that is prego for her 2nd time and is 29 weeks. So about how the MAIN focus of their conversation, was how much Brantford hospital sucks ass. Ok, um, hello? Ladies? PREEEEEEEETTY sure you are in a doctor's office in FUCKING BRANTFORD! PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTY sure most of the ladies here are having their babies in Brantford. Do you think MAYBE you could NOT scare the piss out of us? OR, how about you let us find out for ourselves. This is not exactly the type of thing I was hoping to worry about at this stage in the game.
At the beiginning of my pregnancy I was seriously ill and had to be hospitalized in Brantford General Hospital for 4 days, and I had a VERY pleasant experience actually. The nurses were very attentive and treated me like a person not an illness, the doctors came at least once a day to check on my and inform me on my situation and I had a great room-mate in a semi-private room.
I would also like to point out that with my first daughter, I was told by people that they had horrible experiences at Brampton Memorial Hospital, but mine was quite the opposite. Despite the fact that I was in a ward room (4 people), the nurses came in quite often, the food wasn't bad and I was given lots of help and support with breast feeding when I had a hard time.
I think, if you've had a bad experience, unless someone asks you flat out you should keep it the F under your belt. Maybe next time you should NOT yell it out in a room full of people who have no choice but to go to that particular hospital?
Really? When will people get a fuckin clue?
That's my rant for today...have to go watch Hell's Kitchen now!
Peace :) Nik

1 comment:

  1. I was in the old Peel Memorial and they were great to me, even in an eventual room of 6 where I was the only one who hadn't had open heart surgery or was potentially dieing.

    ReplyDelete

No my name ain't baby

No my name ain't baby